Android phone batteries can get discharged quite quickly as the phone is not only used for calling, but also for sharing videos and photographs, chatting, surfing internet, listening to music and lots more. But, we can turn technology itself to save on our invaluable batteries! Five of the best Android apps in this context are enlisted as follows.
- DU Battery Saver: This battery saver claims to help you save your mobile phone battery up to 50%. It offers you various power management modes such as Long Standby, General Mode, and Sleep Mode. Thus, you have a greater choice of customized modes that are best for your phone in terms of a longer battery life.
- Deep Sleep Battery Saver: It is an amazing application which comes packed with the concept of Deep Sleep Mode. The app allows the internet to begin at persistent intervals, so that you don’t miss out on important messages and emails. Besides, you can also use the customized mode as per your preference.
- Bataria: When you activate the Power Save Mode, it turns off all the applications and extensions that eat up your battery such as Wi-Fi connection, Bluetooth etc. With a single touch, you can access the Power Save Mode.
- 2 Battery – Battery Saver: It employs a unique algorithm to manage your Internet connection. Besides, it manages the screen brightness, and helps even saving the battery. As soon as you put your mobile phone back into your pocket, the algorithm starts working.
- Avast Battery Saver: This app claims to enhance your battery up to 20% after a single charge! It identifies and permanently stops apps that drain most of the power. It limits the Internet usage when the screen is locked and you can select the lock interval as per your choice.
Gitanjali is an experienced technical content writer. She has done post graduation from a reputed university and likes to write unique and informative article about McAfee Antivirus and Norton Antivirus etc.
Today, we live in a computer driven world. The computer is a basic requirement for leading a smart life these days. Everybody has an access to an internet connection and everybody uses it for their own different; personal or professional uses. In today’s age of technology, not having all time access to the internet can sometimes be a great obstruction in your work. And having a secure internet connection at the time you need it is of utmost importance. But how can you be sure that the unknown internet connection that you are using at the time of emergency is safe, secure, and free from and infiltration from the outsider and the data that you send or receive over this network is safe as your own personal connection. This is where VPN comes in.
VPN or virtual private network is a way to protect not only the data you transmit through the network, also the data already on your computer against any kind of internet hijacking. Originally used by the corporate houses, the increased dependence over the internet has made VPN popular among the home networks too. The VPNs work in covering up your IP address. It is like a wall that is created behind which your IP address hides and the IP address that is shown could be from anywhere in the world. The people who know their way around the computers would not even log into a network that they are sure of being secure hence the importance in VPNs is further highlighted.
The VPNs do not make you anonymous, but just increases your level of privacy when you are online and it is really important to understand that anonymity and privacy are completely different terms. There is still some information left about you that could lead to the revelation of your true identity. Also the VPN provider does log into your information unlike what they said. You are not anonymous there otherwise how would they be able to provide you with the services such as a limit on the data to be used or the number connections and the services alike. Think about it.
But despite that fact, it is still very helpful to use a VPN in cases like when you need to bypass some internet filters and in cases where you need an IP address from a different country to get access to a particular website. It can also come handy when you need to share your files with a group of people online for a long period of time. And of course the basic service that the VPNs offer of online privacy has been one the greatest driving factor in order to use the VPN service.
It is just fair that if you need to be sure that the network that you use is a secure one, then the VPN providers also need to be sure that you are not someone who is trying to get away with a cyber crime. This is done by simple security checks like a biometric lock, or passwords, etc. it is like you log into an account where you fell down some information about you and the computer authenticates the information and once that is done, you are good to go ahead and use the VPN. Hence the security and privacy of both the user and the provider is maintained.
Gitanjali is an experienced technical content writer. She has done post graduation from a reputed university and likes to write unique and informative article about Operating Systems .
As a Windows 8.1 user, we had to face various complications such as fancy start screens with large icons, unorganized task bars, confusing “PC Settings” and so on. However, Microsoft Windows 10 finds a way out of all these problems.
Some of the features that Windows 10 users would love are outlined below:
- Old Pal Start Button is back: In Windows 10, start button is back and you can feel nostalgic, as it takes you back to the outstanding user interface of Windows 7. It is an excellent feature, you should try it.
- A new browser and CORTANA: Yes, IE (Internet Explorer) you would like to hate. CORTANA is going to Windows 10. It is like a sharp personal assistant when compared with its competitors like S-Voice and Siri. Besides, it will work as a full-fledged desktop assistant. It will perform crucial functions such as browsing, opening a file, copying, pasting and all the tasks you do in Windows.
- Different Desktops: If you are using Mac Os X, then you might have encountered the multiple desktop features. Now, Windows 10 includes such features as well. It provides an alternative of the “Workspace Switcher”.
- Command Prompt and Improved Multitasking: Windows 10 also introduces a quadrant layout up to 4 apps to be shown on the same screen. The operating system creates smart suggestions to fill the screen space. You can see the cycle via open apps using the Alt + Tab shortcut.
- Windows 10 is a free companion for existing Windows PC users: Finally, Windows 10 is great for existing Windows 7 and 8.1 users since Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 10 clients will receive free and latest updates for lifetime.
Gitanjali is an experienced technical content writer. She has done post graduation from a reputed university and likes to write unique and informative article about Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Vista etc.
Cybercrime prevention can be a very easy one in these days. Either we have to use the common sense or proper application of technical advice can help us to find out a solution. We can reduce the attacks in this way. We should beware of cyber criminals as they have the tendency to make money as quickly as possible. But one thing is clear that if it will be made difficult, then they move forward towards soft target.
The following tips should be taken care of in order to prevent online fraud-
- Updating the Computer- We should apply patches and keep other software fixes in order to evade the attackers. Beware of your software flaws. These attackers are very intelligent to take the advantage of software flaws.
So, if you want to block the attackers then, it is necessary to keep the computer up-to-date. Thus, both basic and automated attacks will be blocked easily.
- Secure Configuration of Computer– You are installing a new one, but beware of security. They should be maintained at right level. Configuration is necessary to keep your computer secure. It is most important to focus on web browser and email software. It is necessary to properly configure the security and privacy settings with the ‘help’ features without taking the advice of the experts.
- Safe strong Password– Selection of the password is one of the important security features. A difficult to assume password is synonymous with strong, secure password. This is the first step and the second one is, the package combination of letters, numbers and symbols should be used. Same password should not be used for every online service. This is the third one and the fourth and the final one is for at least every 90 days you need to change the password.
- Security software protection- Security softwares may be of several types. These should be used to keep your computer safe. Firewall, Nortan and various types of antivirus programs are essential for computer security. We should remember that the configuration of antivirus and antispyware softwares is necessary for the purpose of update.
The other important matters, we should remember to prevent cybercrime is that-
- Protect your personal information
- Beware of lucrative online offers
Security check of the statement of Bank and credit card.