The error message ‘Package Broken’ or ‘Not a Valid Win32 Application’ will reflect while installing Avast antivirus.
Follow the below written steps to resolve errors regarding Avast Antivirus setup file
While trying to run Avast 2016 installation, the error ‘Package Broken’ or ‘Not a Valid Win32 Application’ appears if the download is not complete. The best way to fix this issue is, try to download the setup file again.
If these errors appear, with the MD5 checksum utility, you can check the integrity of the Avast 2016 setup file you downloaded, to find out if the file you’ve downloaded is corrupted.
- To make sure that you have downloaded the Avast 2016 setup file properly which is not corrupted:
- Download your Avast 2016 setup file from the its develop site and select the product of your choice:
Avast Premier 2016 | Avast Internet Security 2016 | Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 | Avast Free Antivirus 2016 | Avast Uninstall Utility
After downloading the product, save it to a location your computer in where it’s easy to locate and find. Your Windows Desktop will be a nice option.
- Once you have downloaded your setup file, compare its MD5 hash with the correct checksum utility like a third party MD5 checksum utility:
To check the file for integrity:
– Run the MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility.
– Click the Browse button on the right,
And open the Avast 2016 setup file that you have downloaded.
– Below the correct and verified MD5 hash of each setup file are given. Copy the appropriate MD5 hash from the list given below:
Product edition MD5 hash
Avast Premier 2016 BA7A1150639261D1AB3E35E3819EDFA7
Avast Internet Security 2016 872BE55115BEEFE9B8B7CE43AA1C6CD0
Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 CD93BE254B308141435FB372215FA5A5
Avast Free Antivirus 2016 9430AE7D1DD3805330628CD307BD2B1F
Avast Uninstall Utility 1CB698757D7C855B2868A6EAF2E55A66
Now paste it to the Hash field and click the Verify button.
- If a popup message indicates that the MD5 hash matches, it means you have successfully downloaded the whole setup file and it’s okay to start the installation of any product of Avast 2016:
- Avast 2016: Installing Avast Premier
- Avast 2016: Installing Avast Internet Security
- Avast 2016: Installing Avast Pro Antivirus
- Avast 2016: Installing Avast Free Antivirus
In case the popup message doesn’t verify the MD5 hash, then you need to remove the previous setup and download your Avast 2016 setup file once again. Also check the compatibly of the software and software.
Avast Premier 2016
Avast Internet Security 2016
Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
Compatible Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition