Ink cartridges are disposable container that contains ink for an inkjet printing devices. Depends on the types of printer, monochrome or colour printer, an inkjet printer may only have one or multiple ink cartridge that contains either black or each of the primary colours along with black. Replacing ink cartridge may not be the only issue if your printer is not working. There may be number of reasons including the cartridges related. This document includes few common suggestions that will be helpful in determining causes of the problem and solving them in some cases.
- Make sure that the tab protecting the ink from dispersing is not still there on the cartridge.
- Make sure that you have inserted the ink cartridge(s) properly.
- If you have pulled out the lever from its original position to install the ink cartridges, make sure that you have repositioned it to its actual position.
- If available, clean the print head of the printer.
- Try to reset the ink cartridge counter. For more detailed information about it, consult your specific model documentations to get instructions.
- Print a test page to ensure that no software errors are encountering.
- If you are installing an ink cartridge which is not authorized by your printer’s manufacturer, it may not be useful because of compatibility issues.
- Refer to your printer manufacturer’s web page or printer’s documentation for detailed information if any indication lights are flashing.
- Contact the manufacturer of the printer if the above recommendations are not able to resolve the issue.