The hasty innovations in the present 21st century have gifted us with great comfort. During previous times, our ancestors have to run here and there for meeting all small to big needs. But now the time has changed. Today, we can get almost everything just by making some clicks. For example – nowadays, we don’t have to rush to a shop for eating pizza. Else, we just have to order it online and the pizza will be available at your location within few minutes. But this is only one side. The other side of this advancing technological world is really threatening. If you want to know ‘how?’ Then, you have to go through the below description provided by experienced Trend Micro Support mavens.
Actually, the swift progression has resulted in the creation of not only the luxurious technical devices or services. But it is responsible for the generation of many kinds of threats as well. List of such fears is very long. The expert Trend Micro Support researchers maintain a continuous flow of gathering and distributing info related to them. Stay in touch and keep reading our blogs in order to stay updated with such online harms.
Today also, the trustworthy Trend Micro Customer Support professionals are available with this post to make you aware of such a danger i.e. scareware.
Light by Trend Micro Support techies on ‘What is Scareware?’
A scareware is recognized as a false security software appearing like a lawful application. Some of the illegal traffic attracting methods used to deliver this rogueware to the users includes:
Blackhat SEO services
Trend Micro Technical Support will tell ‘How the Scareware Works?’
The main goal of this malware is to trick the users that their computers are infected. Moreover, they claim that downloading the software appearing on their system’s screen will help them out. But the reality is very much different.
Let’s see the step by step description offered by Trend Micro Support professionals on ‘what actually happen?’
You or any other user is browsing innocently. Suddenly, a pop-up window showing you a screenshot of the files present on your computer appears. The window also incorporates a message that an infection has been detected on your device. Thus, ending the memo with a line ‘pay $ 28 to download the program that can help you’.
According to the Trend Micro Technical Support mavens, the situation is really very critical. As downloading this program will open up of the entire computer in front of the cybercriminals/ scammers. Which in turn allow them to steal any information or your personal details from the device. On the other hand, not downloading the product will force your system to act buggy. Moreover, the pop-ups start appearing in large numbers.
The Trend Micro Customer Support tech savvies also want to inform you about another method used by the cybercriminals. In this, a pop-up looking just similar to a browser page appears. The page includes some fake messages like:
The security installed on your system has been expired,
Visiting that particular website may infect your device,
Update the browser’s security now,
Install a new security suite.
The Trend Micro Support techies made searches has founded names of programs that appeared as part of this scam. The names are WinFixer, DriveCleaner, AntiVirus2015, and Security Toolkit.
These programs are not genuine and can infect your device as a virus or spyware.
Essential Tips on ‘How to safeguard yourself from Scareware Scams’ by Trend Micro Support Experts
This is really one of the most dangerous scams. As purchasing and downloading a software ask you to provide the personal as well as credit card details. And this scam can steal the vital info to harm you in one or the other way. So, staying away from Scareware scams is necessary.
Luckily, some tips that can protect you has been provided by experienced Trend Micro Support engineers. Follow them to keep this scamming activity away.
- Use an up-to-date browser: No matter, the browser you are using is Firefox or chrome. The thing that matters is always using a continuously updated browser. Moreover, always use up-to-date security recommended by the Trend Micro Support
- Pop-up blockers must be ‘ON’: Keep the pop-up blocker on your device ‘ON’ always. As getting no pop-ups reduce the chances of getting scareware.
- Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete: If a pop-up appears, shut down your browser completely. If unable to do so, prefer clicking Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys together to close it.
- Execute hard shut down: Avoid clicking the links appearing on the pop-up windows. In case the pop-up seems devastating, execute hard shut down on your PC.
- Use Antivirus: Always keep an up-to-date and excellent antivirus like Trend Micro installed and running on your device.
- Avoid Clicks: Never click a link reflecting warning messages. The messages such as you are in danger, your device has a virus on it, etc. Trend Micro Support technicians advise to just close this type of pages.
- Don’t disclose personal details: you are strictly recommended to never reveal your personal details on any pop-up window.
- Evade Downloading/ Installing: Evade clicking the options with the label such as ‘download’, ‘install’, etc.
Note: For best protection of your details and devices – ensure to use well-known and brilliant antivirus software – Trend Micro. As the excellent software will support you to stay safe from threats. The security product alerts you about the suspicious activities around you. Additionally, it will prevent you from downloading any false app or file.
For more info on kind of programs that can panic you, consult Trend Micro Customer Support technicians. The software threatening you in one or the other way can be scareware. Hence, combat them by using your common sense and tips from expert Trend Micro Support providers. Avoid downloading, purchasing or installing anything from a suspicious website. Want help? Dial the toll-free Trend Micro Support Phone Number – 1800 83 24 24 to contact experts of the reputable company. The widely known and experienced engineers working here will support you to keep the threats away. They will also help you to get best out of your Trend Micro Antivirus security. Call any time (24×7).