How to Disable the Option “Use printer metrics to lay out document”
Disable the Use printer metrics to lay out document option when you work with documents which were created in Microsoft Word for Windows 95 and Microsoft Word 6.0 for Windows. If you disable this option, Word does not check printer settings to calculate layout and formatting, hence scrolling speed gets increased.
Important Note: Use printer metrics to lay out document option is enabled by default in documents which are converted to preserve Word 6.0 for Windows document formatting or Word for Windows 95. Minor changes in document pagination or line wrapping may occur when you disable this option.
Follow the steps given below to disable the Use printer metrics to lay out document option:
- Start the Word program on your computer.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button in Word 2007 and click File in Word 2010 and then click Word Options.
- Click on Advanced option in the Word Options dialog box, scroll down to the Compatibility options for section, and then click on the option All New Documents.
- Expand Layout Options, click in the check box to clear it available along side Use printer metrics to lay out document option, and then click on the OK option.
How to use the option “Allow background saves”
The Allow background saves option is enabled by default. You can continue to work in Word while you save a document if this option is enabled.
When this option is enabled, it uses additional system memory. You can disable this option if you want to conserve system resources. Follow the steps given below to do this:
- Start the Word program on your machine.
- Click on the Microsoft Office Button and then click on Word Options.
- Click on the Advanced option in the Word Options dialog box, and then scroll down to the Save section.
- Clear Allow background saves check box by clicking on it and then click on the OK button on your computer screen.
Important Note: A status indicator bar appears on the status bar when Word saves a document in the background. If Word may not save a document in the background, it saves the document in the foreground.
If you are a Windows user and facing any problem with any of the Microsoft or any other software program, you can ask the experts at PCTECH24.COM.AU to help you with the issues. PCTECH24.COM.AU provides support for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and for other operating systems also.