Unfortunately, cybercriminals who are intended to execute cyber-attacks based on identity theft are eager to target teens’ personal details. The further explanation by our Kaspersky Technical Support mavens will provide a clear view of ‘how kids identity theft takes place.
“There are a number of reasons why kids’ identity is the foremost target for cybercriminals”
Usually, kid identity theft begins with a tracked and stolen Security Number. Once taken away, this significant piece of information can be misused or sold to black marketers. Why the criminals are attracted to the teens’ information? Because kid’s SSN has very little or even no history, thus, allowing the robbers to exploit the credentials without going noticed for years and years. Hence, there is a great need to keep our poor children safe. However, nothing can completely stop to identity theft but a protected device along with some awareness can help a lot.
So, let’s start being aware of the vital statistics that’ll help us in keeping our teens safe.
Digital Identity refers to almost everything one owns, does and shares on the internet. In other words, entire information (whether little or big) that you transfer and/or receive online belongs to your identity. The way in which you share the data online can be detected and exploited by people having the intention to spoil your reputation or misuse your identity. Statistics attributed to digital identity include:
Personal Data that incorporates login credentials, date of birth, search activity, Social Security Number, financial records, cloud data, and history.
Online Activity that comprises online accounts, comments, and posts holding personal information, Tweets, photos, and banking activity.
According to the statistics gathered by our Kaspersky Antivirus Customer Support professionals – kids are 50 times more vulnerable to identity theft than adults. Therefore, as a responsible parent, you must focus on reducing the risks of having your teens’ information stolen.
How to Safeguard Your Children Identifiable Information?
The important and effective tips whose implementation will aid you to defend your kids’ online identity are as follows:-
- Ensure that all the networks (wireless or wired) and devices your kid access are up-to-date and secured.
- Assure that the internet security software on your teen’s device is conversant and working in a proper manner.
- Make sure to set up unique and strong passwords, backing up vital data, adjusting security settings, & enabling features like parental controls and automatic updates.
- In case your kid needs to link with external organizations like hospitals, schools, and more, don’t shy to inquire regarding their terms, policies, and history. Be confident to ask about their instant response plan in case of an emergency.
- It may sound a little bit strict but limit the hours your kids spend online. This will reduce the chances of them sharing their personal details.
- Don’t forget to interact with the children about ‘how they can stay safe from cyber-attacks?’
- Keep gathering info about every upcoming data breach and ensure discussing the subject with your loved ones.
Wrapping Up :- As personal to identifiable information are much vulnerable in today’s era, adults need to stay vigilant about the safety of this valuable data. Worthy to appreciate, precautionary measures that defend the social security numbers, login IDs, and other credentials can be obtained from the Kaspersky Support techies.
Get the best safety tips and ensure your teens’ digital safety now!
You Also Read:- Get a Hassle-Free HP Customer Support Service from Experts