A password is needed on a number of instances every day – while using ATM, Email, or an online bank activity. It can prove to be quite a tough task to remember all the passwords at the simultaneous time. Hundreds of millions of people whether working or not worldwide use passwords several times a day to access business resources like banking, email, and accountancy. These passwords are basically strings of letters, symbols and numbers combination. This password is used to access one of your business’s accounts and to secure vital resources. Now, the biggest questions arises in the mind is, how you are protecting your password.
A popular Anti-virus developing firm Norton 360 in its latest report reveals some results on the basis of a survey. This survey comprises the small-to-medium business (SMB) customers in the Australia about their password-security strategies and policies. Here are some of the facts revealed by Norton Support from their answers, and they are quite shocking:
- 58% of people say they have heard of the term ‘ransomware.’
- 26% of businesses use password management software.
- A quarter of members use two-factor verification for their passwords.
- One third of the businesses think their company’s passwords should be more secured.
- 45% of business people use amongst 1 and 10 passwords to access different networks, software, and accounts.
- 62% trust their workplace passwords are kept in a safe place.
- 33% of people with knowledge of company passwords don’t have a section in their contract to keep these passwords personal.
- 29% of people surveyed said their business uses an automated password generator.
- 61% of employees save all or some of their passwords with support of their web browser.
- For one-third of businesses, president, the owner, or MD is accountable for handling company passwords.
- 26% of non-employees like contractors, freelancers, temps can access company passwords.
- Four out of ten people use similar passwords for diverse business work logins.
- 67% revealed there are round 1-2 people who have knowledge to their company passwords.
Let’s talk about the above answers in detail to get better understanding.
Password Management Software of Norton 360
Small firms can get support from using a tool allowing them to securely direct a number of diverse accounts at the same time and save all company passwords in one position. Norton 360 Single Sign-On (SSO) lets users to use a single set of log-in credentials with a two stage authentication option to contact several data. The facility of Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support is always beneficial in such conditions.
Small businesses mostly use few passwords as they have a small domain that combines network, linked services and sign-on for email. However, whatever the number of passwords a business applies, they must always:
- Manage that has access to them.
- Store them somewhere secure.
- Verify the passwords are strong, i.e. contain numbers, symbols and caps.
Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support will support in setting strong and unique passwords.
Two-factor Authentication for their Passwords
More and more admired brands such as Apple, Evernote and Twitter have made the two-factor authentication option must, which sees user identity through an arrangement of anything you have like an ATM card and something you memorize like your ATM PIN. If you are not able to set Two-factor Authentication, contact Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support, they will surely support you.
Using one password for a variety of services may experience like a saving a lot of time, but the fact is that it weakens the security access to your business, customers, particularly your identity and data. So just think if this one password goes into the wrong hands. We recommend giving each employee their unique password and account, to promise accountability and recover security. For more information about the security, reach Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support.
IBM’s 2016 Cyber Security Intelligence Index showed that 95% of all security weaknesses are due to human flaws. Successful security assaults happen when human weakness is demoralized to trap a company’s employees to innocently offer access to crucial data. For more information about the security, reach Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support.
Inclusion of a confidentiality clause in every third-party or employee contract is an additional and crucial layer of safety for your firm. To set new rules about the passwords clause, call Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support.
Passwords without Web Browser
Using a web browser to mesmerize your password is appropriate, but has a huge safety risk. How big a risk completely depends on whether you sync with other computer technical devices, how many people have access to your business technical devices or what browser you use with the same profile? Next time if your web browser asks to save your password, think again, and use “Never for this site.” Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support is there to support in setting strong passwords.
Director is Responsible for handling Company Passwords
When it comes to IT security, small businesses are in a tight area, as they’re totally dependent on technical devices, yet not big enough to have a proper IT staff member. So often the director becomes the company password expert. As a business increases, so will the IT structure, at which point committed personnel should take proper charge for managing company passwords. Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support will support in managing the passwords.
Outsider Staff Access Company Passwords
For the most part we trust our partners, so letting system access to full-time employees makes sense. But what about the outsider employee staff should you definitely share passwords with them? The best way, if access is important, is to give temporary log-ins that you can delete when these people leave. Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support will support the company to deal with such situations.
Ransomware is malware that translates your files, and then asks for money often with a time limit before encoding them. Not only these attack the most crucial information, it can lock down system data to render your web browser, applications, and complete operating system unfeasible. Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support is always ready to support customers in these difficult situations.
Experts warn that small firms are easily becoming cybercriminals’ preferred target and those businesses are somewhat sadly unprepared. Cybercriminals know that small firms can be an easy way to a much bigger target that is your partners and customers. Many attacks could have been forbidden with healthy employee and worker learning, more brutal password policies, and the use of two-factor authentication. Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support is always ready to support customers in these difficult situations.
Finally, you cannot take it for settled that your colleagues or employees have the tools and information to make the necessary decisions to keep the business secure. But by applying good policies and verified practices, you can save yourself and everybody in your business to be part of securing it. For more information about the security, reach Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support.
And when it comes to IT security and password management, never, ever, misjudge hackers. Where files could be stolen or money could be made, cybercriminals will continue until they find a loophole they can abuse. Your password policy is your key to the business, so secure it sensibly with Norton 360 Antivirus Customer Technical Support.
PcTech24 Norton 360 Customer Technical Support Service includes:
- Norton 360Technical Support for customers to buy latest software version of Norton Antivirus.
- Norton 360 Technical Support to resolve Norton 360 Antivirus Product Key activation errors.
- Norton 360 Technical Support for activation as well as renewal of your Norton 360 Antivirus applications.
- Norton 360 Technical Support to do renewal of Norton Antivirus Account product key.
- Norton 360 Technical Support best facility for your Norton Antivirus Product key Account activation.
- Norton 360 Technical Support to do renewal of Account for Norton 360 Antivirus Product key activation.
- Norton Customer Technical Support Service for your Norton 360 Antivirus setup and activation.
- Norton 360 Technical Support for activation and setup assistance for Norton 360 Antivirus Product Key.
- Treating infection present in the computer technical device with Norton 360 Technical Support.
- Norton 360 Technical Support to do renewal of Norton Antivirus Account product key.
- Configuration, activation and activation of Norton antivirus with Norton 360 Technical Support.