There may be several reasons if you’re trying to install and download Avast on your computer and could not be successful or it quits unexpectedly. If you connect to any tech support service providing company to help you in Avast installation, you will be asked to provide a setup log file for further analysis. You can access and copy a setup log file to a text file from the screen where Avast Setup wizard notifies you about an error that occurs while completing the setup.
Below the instructions are given to get the setup log file if Avast installation fails, but make sure that you perform then in order. So proceed as follows:
- When you’re notified by the Avast Setup wizard while completing the setup that an error is occurred, there are two options in the middle of the screen, click on ‘View setup log’ button.
- Earlier step will take you to Avast Log Viewer screen where you need to set Verbosity to ‘Debug’ listing from the rollover menu in the left corner at the bottom side.
- Then click on the option ‘Copy to clipboard’ that you’ll find in the lower right corner at the bottom side.
- Now, open the ‘Notepad’.
- Click on the edit button in the ‘Notepad’, and click ‘Paste’ to insert the setup log data from the clipboard.
- Then again drag the cursor to the top menu bar and select ‘File’, and click ‘Save as…’,
- ‘Save’ the setup log anywhere on your computer as a text file named SetupLog.txt.
- Once it’s done, exit from the ‘Notepad’, and then click ‘Close’ to exit Avast Log Viewer.
- All ‘Done’ to exit from Avast Setup wizard.
After performing all the steps correctly, please compress the setup log file SetupLog.txt using a file compression tool built in your Windows then send it as an e-mail attachment to your specific Avast technical support service provider for further analysis.