We all know that during the festive season, most of us start getting emails and messages about popular deals and discounts from the online shopping firms. And while most of us get worried with our shopping extravaganza, cyber hackers will try to make the avail the benefit of this chance. How? Well, that’s simple. They send you an email that seems like it’s sent by a renowned online shopping firm or design a fake website that seems like the real one. They might also send you a message with a link to avail an amazing deal with top discounts or they might even ring you attracting you with an amazing offer! And these are just a few of the many ways hackers lure you during the festive season. But listen, we’ve got your back with amazing cyber security tips for secure online shopping this festive season! Let’s get started.
Tip1. Do not simply trust emails or SMS that give away offers and discounts
While you might get promotional mails from the favorite online website, you might also get fake mails from hackers. But it is dubious that you can tell the difference among the two. Hence, what can you do for security as told by Trend Micro Support? Just! Do not tap on any links or download files in such mails. If you need to know more about the discount details, just explore the website by manually typing its address into the web browser’s address bar. This facility is offered by the Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support for technical support.
Tip2. Stay away from free, unsecured Wi-Fi connections for online payment
Online banking or payment using an unsafe Wi-Fi network is never a great choice. Such networks can be simply modified by a cyber hacker to access the confidential information you are sharing while you are doing an online transaction. So, except the free Wi-Fi connection you are connecting to needs some sort of an authentication, do not connect to it as explained by Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support. Contact the Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support for technical support.
Tip3. Check Shopping websites with ‘HTTPS’ only
The first and foremost thing you must do on opening of any online shopping website is to verify whether or not its address starts with an ‘https’. If so, then you are secure to continue. If no, do not move ahead. Https make sure your personal and financial data is encrypted and sent properly over the network. However, if you purchase from a website whose address starts with ‘http’ and not ‘https’ then that could end you giving away all your vital data to a hacker. This is explained by technical staff of Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support. Ring the Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support for technical support.
Tip4. Do not get in trouble by using the similar password for all your accounts
If you have the same password for all your accounts, you can easily recall what would occur if one of these accounts gets hacked and its password is accessed. So, the important thing as told by the Trend Micro Technical Support is different passwords for different online accounts. If you have a trouble in remembering all these passwords, use a password manager as told by the Trend Micro Technical Support. Ring the Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support for technical support.
Tip5. Technology also support in such situation
There is only so much you can carry out for your digital protection. There are several threats that cannot be stopped by merely following cyber security tips. You need an antivirus like Trend Micro that secures your device with several layers of protection. The Trend Micro antivirus is able to stop ransomware, fake websites, stop infectious files from getting downloaded on your PC, block access to infected websites and secure your financial data while you are banking or doing online shopping. The best part is that after sale technical support for Trend Micro is also available. Get immediate technical support from the Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support.
Some additional tips from Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support to stay secure:-
- When you are downloading Trend Micro software (a new Trend Micro one or an update Trend Micro), always do it from the Trend Micro software manufacturer’s official website. Never do this by tapping on a link in an email or from a third party Trend Micro antivirus technical support.
- A huge number of virus attacking web browsers is dependent on loopholes that affect Adobe Flash Player. It is thus suggested to stop using Flash altogether. But, if you are still having it, make sure it is the latest version as told by Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support keeps your PC Operating system and applications updated.
- Tap on the Windows Start Menu and choose or type ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose or type ‘Windows Update”.
- Select ‘Check for Updates’.
- Install all suggested updates from the Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support takes regular backups of your crucial data. While Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support stores these backups online, consider offline storage that is fully separated from the rest of your firm.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support avoids using your PC with administrator rights; use it as a standard user. If a malware threat like Bad Rabbit infects a PC that has administrator rights, it can directly spread to other PCs in the network without the need of any login details.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support advise user to not trust emails urging them to click on links or download files. If such an email comes from someone you know, verify about it with the sender first and then take the appropriate action.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support to verify any update problem happening in the device.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Technical Support to perform the deep scanning of the device to remove infections.